Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Taking strides



I've begun experimenting taking pictures without flash. It has been very hard to take a shot without moving my hands, or while my subject was bouncing around. However, the beauty of taking a picture with the real light in the room is beyond the flash, in my opinion. Even with the noise and blur in the pictures, there's something more real about the shots without flash.


Another feature I have been playing with is the digital macro setting. It allows me to focus in on my subject in high definition, and gives a crisp clear picture of the close up. The detail in little things is really amazing. I tried taking a picture of my lighter's flame, and ended up taking a picture of my fingerprints. The detail!

In other good news, I am now able to "rent" one of my school's SLR camera's, which is incredible compared to my point and shoot. Just thinking about it makes my heart skip a beat, I can take some really awesome shots, and I can't wait to show the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment